Leave and Disability Management
As of May 2019, MetLife is administering Fordham’s Leave and Disability Management program to streamline the claim process by making leave and disability reporting accessible 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year on their website, and extended hours by telephone.
Types of leaves that MetLife will administer:
- New York State Disability (DBL)
- New York Paid Family Leave (NYPFL)
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA) (Continuous and Intermittent)
- Salary Continuance (Faculty and Administrators only)
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
When you contact MetLife, a Case Manager or Leave Coordinator will assist you in determining which type of leave is appropriate for your situation. In many situations, you may be on more than one type of leave.
When you will be out of work for any of the reasons mentioned above, you should first notify your supervisor, and then report the leave directly to MetLife. There are two ways to report your leave to MetLife:
- Call MetLife at 888-762-2347, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Alternatively, you can report your leave to MetLife through their MyBenefits website at www.metlife.com/mybenefits, 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year. (First time users please see the MyBenefits registration instructions. Please note: For Step 1 the Group Name is Fordham University).
If you have any questions regarding the process, please call Debbie Lugo at x14933.